Cutco knives are known for their double D cutting edge technology. This makes the knives special for moving forward, backward or straight down. They have various products like trimmer knives, slicers, santoku, hardy slicers, carvers, spreaders, cheese knife etc. They have been in business since the 1940s. They are also known for their high carbon steel. Cutco knife reviews say that the high carbon steel gives longer life time to the metals
The blades have full lifetime warranty. This means the company is ready to sharpen the tools for free anytime. Some even say that the knives last for 20 years or so! Practically such a long lifetime is possible only with high carbon steel which makes it believable. Also mixing carbon gives more space to sharpen the knife more effectively. Some of the domestic knives used for vegetable cutters etc can be sharpened at home.
The only drawback with the Cutco knives according to cutco knives review is that as the blades are shinier and have a neat finish, the blades might become darker after some days.
Here is a detailed review on the cutco knives that are popularly used both for domestic cooking and by professionals.
- The wedge lock handles are found in all the cutco products which make it highly special. As the wedge lock handles provide good grip for cutting, it is always safe to handle
- It is also the leading manufacturer of double D recessed edged knives with many patents on the technology
- The lifetime guarantee is another unique feature of the knife
- The high carbon stainless steel technology used to make the blades makes the knives very sharp. The carbon is fused to being in the sharpness at 440A current.
- The knife is also well known for its high precision cutting.
CUTCO 1865 brown model 1759 table knives
- This set of table knives are sold as individual knives and also as a table set
- The gift set of the model contains 4 knives
- These knives do not withstand a slightest resistance while cutting meat, fish or fibrous vegetable.
- The table knives have a longer handle and curvy metal blades. This is advantageous to prepare salads
- The blades have the double D recessed edges. With a cleaving action the knives cut precisely. This makes it ideal for cutting leathery substances, steaks and ribs racks
The following are the different types of knives available for the better control and making the food in a safe and easy environment:
- Cutco offers 9 ¼ inches and 7 ⅝ inches chef knives.
- The blades are stamped. The stamped blades are cut to shape directly from cold rolled steel. This provides extra strength to the knife.
- However the only drawback of the carbon stainless steel chef’s knife made by cutco is that they begin to rust when left uncleaned. Some chefs even rest their carbon steel knives for a day in order to restore their oxidising patina. This prevents the transfer of metallic taste to the foods being prepared
Heavy Duty Utility Knife
- The heavy utility knives have thicker blades and gives both power and control for easy food preparation
- It is perfect for cutting squash, water melons
- They have double D edges and a sharp tip
- They are ideal for cutting slicing pepperoni and cure meats
- The utility knives have a unique design of straight blunt end with a curvy sharp blade.
- They are available in 2 different styles namely hardy slicer and gourmet prep knife.
- This is ideal for cutting small fruits and vegetables. They are also good for peeling and chopping
- The precision of the knife is very high.
- The Cutco paring knives are used to peel back thin skins and thick skins. It is used to make quick, clean cuts.
- Cutco also offers bird’s beak paring knife. It is ideal for garnishing tasks. It is mainly used in high precision cutting. The blades are designed in such a way to make maximum contact with the surface of the small things
- The sheep’s foot paring knife has a curved blade. The handle is longer than the blades that helps to make longer slices and straighter cuts
- These knives are ideal for breaking a whole chicken or buttering the pork.
- It gives complete control to remove the flesh easily to make chops.
- Salmon knife is also a type of boning knife which is also used to remove the delicate skin from fresh salmon.
- It is used in segmenting and trimming large cuts
- The knife is sharp from upside down giving enough space to make big cuts
- The blade is L shaped at the bottom and with a straight blunt edge at the top
- Cutco offers 3 different types of carving knives like 9 inches, 6 ¾ petite carver and santoku style 8 inches carver.
- They are used to make even slices of turkey or ham.
- The cheese knife has perforations along the blades. This prevents the sticking of the cheese to the blades
- The rounded tip is highly helpful in spreading the soft cheese
- Along with the cheese knife, the cutco offers the spatula spreader. It has rounded edges. It is a multi – tasking knife that is well suited for mixing, stirring, slicing and spreading.