There are many ways of making living homes, institutions, hospitals and many other places beautiful and appealing at first glance. From wall decorations, attractive furniture, dashing curtains and carpets, those are just some of the many ways to make living interiors beautiful. Let us look at some more products that can improve our living and working places even better.
1. Floor Coatings
Floor coatings can be another way of making dwelling places beautiful. Choosing the best floor coating can be a daunting task when all you want is for a long lasting impressive look. The demand for best performance coat is real, especially if the floor coating is to be done in floor traffic premises where there is a lot of movement in and out.
While deciding on the best flooring coatings, it is important to note that there has to be prior preparation before it can take place, activities such as repairing holes and cracks in damaged floors. When such defects are first taken care of, then the coatings are expected to last longer. This is because cracks or holes in floors tend to bring in water that leads to moisture buildup that makes the coatings to not last long like expected. Unless they are dealt with in the first place, then it is an undisputed fact that your favorite coating or sealant will not last for long. Let us look particularly at epoxy floor coatings which are also in varieties at Resdev.
Epoxy floors are as a result of chemical combination of resins and hardeners that react to form a rigid plastic material which is not only durable and resistant, but also bonds well with other base layers. Epoxy floors are most common in public areas with more traffic such as sports centers or hospitals.
What to consider before buying floor coatings
Before buying a floor coating, it is good to consider lifestyle habits of the intended coating place. Be it in a family or business setting, how often movements are made help determine the type of floor coating that you should go for due to durability considerations. If the number of movements is high, strong floor coatings such as vinyl would be a perfect choice.
Flooring materials of different qualities and manufacturers come at varying costs and most of the times it is evaluated per square foot. It is therefore wise to invest on a durable and reliable floor coating to avoid getting disappointed if the coatings start losing appeal soon after they are applied. It is also advisable to clean up and make adjustments where applicable so that the coatings durability can last for as long as they are supposed to. In short, let it be within your budget but again something that you will be proud of for living up to your expectations.
Location matters especially when it is places where drainage could be a challenge. Snow could also be a factor that needs to be considered when it comes to location issue. In the event that such issues could be likely scenarios, strong flooring could be the only solution. It should be done in such a way that wetness or open air dampness will not be an issue to worry about every other time the weather changes.
It is always to consider flooring systems that auger well with prevailing environmental conditions.
2. Floor Sealants
A floor sealer is the ultimate indicator that a concrete installation has been a success. A sealer for that matter acts as a protection layer that not only protects the floor coating but also gives it an attractive finish touch. Some more uses and benefits of a sealer include;
- It enriches the color intensity of the floor coating.
- Thy give the floor a lasting shiny appearance.
- It blocks as well as prevents dirt, oil, stains and chemicals therefore making the maintenance and cleaning part easier.
- It protects against wear and abrasion.
- Protects against water intrusion.
What to consider before buying sealants
These are some of the factors that you should consider before buying floor sealants.
- If it is water repellant. A sealer should be water repellant and at the same time allow moisture escape. A good choice of a permeable sealer does not restrict moisture release emanating from the concrete.
- Drying duration. When it comes at how sooner a sealant can dry up, some sealants dry up faster compared to others. How fast you want a sealant to dry up is a factor to consider especially if the place it is to be applied experiences heavy traffic. Air temperature and humidity are some of the environmental factors that contribute to how fast a sealant can take to dry up. Epoxy sealants take up to at least 24 hours before they dry completely while acrylic sealants happen to be the fastest to dry up within 12 hours of final coat
- How safe it is to apply indoors
3. Cleaning Products
Cleaning products are other items that we cannot do without when it comes to making our dwellings and working conditions clean. We all know that a clean environment motivates work flow. Our kitchens are the most sensitive places because they can cause health hazards if the highest standards of cleanliness are not maintained. Construction and industrial careers related environments that cleaning products come in handy are such as engineering where grease and oil are most common forms of dirt. Such can only be managed by high standard cleaning products that do not leave room for any mess.
Examples of some of the best effective cleaning products are pumaclean and pumasolve. They are used for the following cleaning purposes;
- They facilitate removal of excess resin materials from tools such as mixers and blades.
- They remove fat, oil and grease.
- Used for cleaning hard surfaces.
- Clear stubborn floor surface contaminations.
- Maintain hygienic conditions in food processing areas and kitchens.
All the above products and more deals are available at Resdev.